Calamares 3.2.59 released
May 29, 2022
This is a regular short-cycle release. There are a handful of bugfixes and one tiny little UI feature. Calamares 3.2 development is now bugfix only. The working branch calamares is now for version 3.3.
This release contains contributions from (alphabetically by first name):
- Arjen Balfoort
This is the final release of Calamares 3.2 where the release is from the calamares branch – that is, where the primary development branch is also the branch being released regularly. Future releases of the 3.2 series are bugfix-only, and no new feature development or translations are expected. This is also the final release done as work-work by the current maintainer.
- Prep-work for moving the About Calamares button to the panels, rather than keeping it in the Welcome module. The about information is somewhat more flexible now, so that a new maintainer can be added easily without frustrating translators.
- Translations for the (QML) slideshow were not being loaded correctly. The log is now somewhat more informative when that fails.
- fstab can now be configured to put
/tmpon a tmpfs, and this can depend on it being on an SSD or not. Options applicable to
/tmpcan be configured separately as well. #1818 (Thanks Arjen)
- partition now has some support for re-using LUKS partitions. (Thanks Arjen)
- partition will cycle out a LUKS key if all the key slots are in use and a new key is added, rather than crashing the installer. (Thanks Arjen)
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, see the full list of issues closed within the current generation (which is many releases).