Calamares 1.1-RC2 is out
Jun 13, 2015
Hot on the heels of the first release candidate for the upcoming Calamares 1.1 release, the Calamares team hereby announces the immediate availability of Calamares 1.1-RC2.
This is a pre-release product for testers and early adopters. It brings countless improvements over 1.0 and fixes for issues that have been discovered since 1.1-RC1.
Testing is of utmost importance to ensure the quality of the final 1.1 release in a few weeks, so play with it, try to break it, and tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker.
Change log since 1.1-RC1:
- Fixed issue with Boost.Python built against Python 3 not being found on Debian derivatives in some cases
- Fixed issue which caused Calamares to crash on systems with LVM
- Added support for not setting the root password in the Users module
- Fixed build with GCC 4.8.4
- Replaced Gummiboot with systemd-boot (optional, this is not a hard dependency on systemd)
- Improved job status messages while installing
- Updated translation languages
- Improved documentation