Calamares 1.1-RC2 is out
Hot on the heels of the first release candidate for the upcoming Calamares 1.1 release, the Calamares team hereby announces the immediate availability of Calamares 1.1-RC2.
This is a pre-release product for testers and early adopters. It brings countless improvements over 1.0 and fixes for issues that have been discovered since 1.1-RC1.
Testing is of utmost importance to ensure the quality of the final 1.1 release in a few weeks, so play with it, try to break it, and tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker.
Change log since 1.1-RC1:
- Fixed issue with Boost.Python built against Python 3 not being found on Debian derivatives in some cases
- Fixed issue which caused Calamares to crash on systems with LVM
- Added support for not setting the root password in the Users module
- Fixed build with GCC 4.8.4
- Replaced Gummiboot with systemd-boot (optional, this is not a hard dependency on systemd)
- Improved job status messages while installing
- Updated translation languages
- Improved documentation