Calamares 3.2.45 released
Oct 31, 2021
It’s a spooooky release of Calamares. After a tumultuous month, development is resuming, new contributors are welcome, and there’s a new release with some bugfixes and new features.
This release contains contributions from (alphabetically by first name):
- Evan James (new contributor, welcome!)
- Hacktoberfest happened, but saw 0 (zero) contributions explicitly targeted towards the event. I did one PR-and-merge to see if it would work at all, and it did.
CHANGEShas been renamed to
CHANGES-3.2(in the calamares development branch) and
CHANGES-3.3(in the work-3.3 branch), to separate histories better.
- New internal convenience functions from Evan
- packagechooser now displays screenshots nicely-scaled rather than jagged. (#1807)
- partition module removes ZFS partitions directly. At install-time, we think that the partitions should be handled separately from a zpool that potentially includes those partitions. (Thanks Evan)
- services-systemd supports timers, e.g. for weekly trim on SSDs. (Thanks Evan)
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, or the full list of issues closed with this release, please see the Calamares code repository (note that the milestone is more of a “millstone”, collecting issues across many releases right now).