Calamares 2.2.1 is out
Apr 8, 2016
The Calamares team is happy to announce the immediate availability of Calamares 2.2.1, a maintenance release that fixes several issues which were discovered since Calamares 2.2.
Calamares is a distribution-independent system installer, with an advanced partitioning feature for both manual and automated partitioning operations. It is the first installer with an automated “Replace Partition” option, which makes it easy to reuse a partition over and over for distribution testing. Calamares is designed to be customizable by distribution maintainers without need for cumbersome patching, thanks to third party branding and external modules support.
Highlights of this release include:
- fixed build issue with incorrectly detected YAML-cpp;
- replaced QtWebKit with QtWebEngine in webview module if building with Qt 5.6 or greater;
- fixed locale.gen parser to correctly exclude comments from the locales list;
- updated to newer libcrashreporter-qt submodule;
- added much deserved credit for translators in About dialog.
Please be advised that as of Calamares 2.2, if you are building from git master, you must initialize the libcrashreporter-qt submodule as documented in README.md. End users and packagers who use our 2.2.1 tarball are not affected.
The partitioning module of Calamares 2.2.1 depends on KPMcore 2.1, with KPMcore 2.1.1 recommended for NVME devices support.
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker.