Calamares 1.1-RC1 out now
Jun 10, 2015
The Calamares team is proud to announce the immediate availability of Calamares 1.1-RC1.
This is a pre-release product for testers and early adopters, and it brings countless improvements over 1.0. We are declaring it release candidate quality, but testing is crucial in order to deliver an amazing final 1.1 release in a few weeks.
Calamares 1.1-RC1 brings countless bug fixes and improvements over Calamares 1.0.1.
Screenshot courtesy of Anke Boersma from KaOS.
Highlights of this release candidate include:
- An improved boot loader module with GRUB2 and Gummiboot support
- EFI support for partitioning and boot loader
- More robust partition detection and mounting/unmounting
- Swap partition support in automatic partitioning
- An improved Python modules API
- User experience improvements, including all new Welcome and Summary pages
- A greatly improved branding mechanism, with QML and translations support
- An all new diagnostics interface for system integrators
Bugs should be reported to the Calamares issue tracker.
- Boost.Python linked against Python 3 isn’t found properly on Debian based distributions in some cases (CAL-233, fix in commit 35d853e).