Calamares 3.2.10 released
The Calamares team is happy to announce the availability of Calamares 3.2.10, yet another update in the features-and-functionality series of Calamares 3.2.x. This is a short-cycle feature-and-bugfix release.
Calamares is a distribution-independent system installer, with an advanced partitioning feature for both manual and automated partitioning operations. Calamares is designed to be customizable by distribution maintainers without need for cumbersome patching, thanks to third party branding and external modules support.
This release contains contributions from (alphabetically by first name):
- No other contributors this time around.
Distributions are advised to check the slideshow they use for the installation step; changes in loading and translation mechanisms may require changes in the slideshow.
- With this release, option WITH_PYTHONQT changes default to off. There does not seem to be any serious use of the PythonQt API and the UI opportunities it offers, so begin the process of deprecating and removing that. Sometime in the future, QML pages will fill the gap for easily-prototyped-yet-slick UI elements.
- A crash when no finished page (or rather, no page at all) is configured after the last exec section of the sequence has been solved. The finished page can be left out (but then you don’t get the restart-now functionality). #1168
- The slideshow which is run during installation now has API versions.
API version 1 (the default) runs as before, where the slideshow is loaded
when the installation starts. API version 2 loads the slideshow on
Calamares startup, thus improving responsiveness. Documentation
- The example slideshow now uses API version 2.
- initramfs has been changed from a Python module to a C++ module.
Packaging will need to adjust now it installs a .so instead of a .py.
The module itself functions as before. It does have a new configuration
option, to change the version passed as to the
-koption of update-initramfs. #1180
- partition Now has its own setting for requiredStorage, duplicating the same setting in the welcome module. This is useful for configurations where no welcome module is used, but a minimum size must be checked anyway. #1169
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, or the full list of issues closed with this release, please see the Calamares code repository. Work towards the next release continues.