Calamares 3.2.0-rc5 available
The Calamares team is happy to announce the availability of Calamares 3.2.0-rc5, a (testing) pre-release of the upcoming features-and-functionality of Calamares 3.2.0. This is the new series of Calamares releases following on from the stable 3.1 series. The -rc5 release is expected to be the last candidate before 3.2.0.
Calamares is a distribution-independent system installer, with an advanced partitioning feature for both manual and automated partitioning operations. Calamares is designed to be customizable by distribution maintainers without need for cumbersome patching, thanks to third party branding and external modules support.
Calamares 3.2.0-rc5 is a features-and-functionality release.
- Translations have been updated. The Serbian (latin script) translation can now be correctly chosen in the language drop-down in the welcome page. The Polish (Poland) translation has been dropped, preferring the Polish translation (without the country indicator). Similarly, Spanish (Spain) is now dropped for Spanish.
- The list of languages on the welcome page, where the user can select which language to use for the installer, now displays languages in their native representation, rather than the English name for each language (e.g. shqip for Albanian).
- The session log has been renamed, to reduce useless repetitions.
It can now be found in
~/.cache/calamares/session.log. Distributions may need to re-configure modules that save the session log to the target system.
- GeoIP handling has been updated to deal with JSON and XML data from selectable providers. See the release notes for 3.1.13 for details.
- The layout of the Plasma LNF module has been improved.
Calamares now requires a sufficiently recent KPMCore. This release also includes work from Caio Jordão Carvalho, who is contributing to KPMCore and Calamares as part of the Google Summer of Code programme.
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, or the full list of issues closed with this release, please see the Calamares code repository.