Calamares 3.2.49 released
Dec 10, 2021
This is an extra-short-cycle release, with new bugfixes for btrfs across multiple modules, as well as minor bugfixes elsewhere. There is one important deprecation. Distributions are specifically reminded to update the umount module configuration (and to use preservefiles if needed).
This release contains contributions from (alphabetically by first name):
- Artem Grinev
- Evan James
- Errors (e.g. when an installation fails for whatever reason) are displayed in a dialog with a scrollable details panel, rather than growing up to the size of the screen. (Thanks Artem)
- bootloader better supports multiple installations of the same OS.
- mount supports btrfs subvolumes on subdirectories of / now.
- partition now supports “deep” btrfs subvolume names, e.g. a
separate subvolume for
/usr/local. (Thanks Evan)
- The umount module now warns if the “preserve log file” feature is used. This has been deprecated for a long time: use the preservefiles module instead. A future release will turn this into an error.
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, see the full list of issues closed within the current generation (which is many releases).