Calamares 3.2.15 released
Oct 11, 2019
The Calamares team is happy to announce the availability of Calamares 3.2.15, a small features-and-bugfix release in the Calamares 3.2.x series. There are improvements in the displaymanager, machineid and unpackfs modules. This is a short-cycle release (extra-quick this time).
Calamares is a distribution-independent system installer, with an advanced partitioning feature for both manual and automated partitioning operations. Calamares is designed to be customizable by distribution maintainers without need for cumbersome patching, thanks to third party branding and external modules support.
This release contains contributions from (alphabetically by first name):
- No other contributors this time around.
- No changes to core functionality
- displaymanager module now treats sysconfig as a regular entry in the displaymanagers list, and the sysconfigSetup key is used as a shorthand to force only that entry in the list. #1253
- machineid module has been re-written in C++ and extended with a new configuration key to generate urandom pool data. #1252
- unpackfs now supports a special sourcefs value of
filefor copying single files (optionally with renaming) or directory trees to the target system.
- unpackfs now support an exclude and excludeFile setting for excluding particular files or patters from unpacking. #1229
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, or the full list of issues closed with this release, please see the Calamares code repository.