Calamares 3.2.42 released
Sep 6, 2021
After a summer break, we return to short-cycle releases where the Calamares team does a release roughly every two weeks with the bugfixes and improvements from that time. The Calamares team is happy to release Calamares 3.2.42. The milestone remains open, but this release has bugfixes for keyboard and partitioning and new features in the welcome, summary and packagechooser modules, as well as other areas.
This release contains contributions from (alphabetically by first name):
- Anke Boersma
- Artem Grinev
- Nico ‘dr460nf1r3’ (new contributor, welcome!)
- Waneon Kim (new contributor, welcome!)
- No core changes yet
- BTRFS partitions are no longer listed as “check in phase 2” in the fstab module. (Thanks Nico)
- The keyboard module (and keyboardq) now pick an English layout (with Rupee) for keyboards when the language is English and locale is India, rather than Hindi layout.
- The localeq module had the i18n.qml rewritten to make it easier to customize. A bug in the layout has been fixed, and the overall look has been updated.
- networkcfg now translates the “live user” on an ISO to the regular user on the installed system, so that network configuration changes made in the live system are automatically used after installation. #1755
- partition no longer allows you to delete an extended partition with children (which led to crashes). #1749 (Thanks Artem)
- partition complains in more detail about the state of the UEFI boot partition (under manual partitioning schemes). #1761
- welcome can now check multiple URLs to determine if internet connectivity is available. It is still recommended to check the distro home-page or some special “ping” page of the distro, although that has some privacy implications; using example.com or google.com may work as well. Listing multiple URLs will ping each of them in turn until one succeeds. #1669
- The work to make a QML version available for all view modules is almost completed. Two new QML modules have been added packagechooserq and summaryq. Summaryq brings the option to present the summary page in a customizable way, with a bit more of a contemporary look. Packagechooserq adds the option to preselect an item and displays all options in one overview. (Thanks Anke)
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, or the full list of issues closed with this release, please see the Calamares code repository.