Calamares 3.2.58 released
May 18, 2022
This is a regular short-cycle release. There are a handful of bugfixes and one tiny little UI feature. Note that Calamares 3.2 development is winding down.
This release contains contributions from (alphabetically by first name):
- Anke Boersma
- Arjen Balfoort
- Enrique Medina Gremaldos
- Evan James
- Internal improvements to translations-setup means that Catalan (in the Valencian dialect), Occitan (Lenga d’Oc) and Serbian (in Latin script) are all better supported. Thanks Enrique.
- netinstall Now displays entries with an empty name slightly differently. An empty name is not generally useful, but in combination with immutable:true and selected:false can be used to introduce separators or descriptive comments into the list of packages.
- partition does not offer full-disk encryption when using ZFS. ZFS and the way Calamares sets up FDE don’t mix well. (Thanks Evan)
- partition Various bugs related to LUKS have been fixed. (Thanks Arjen)
- users module now has a structured user key with settings specific to the user (shell, in particular). This maintains backwards compatibility with the userShell key.
- users module now has lists of forbidden login- and host-names, to avoid settings that will mess up the install (e.g. using a login-name that is one of the system’s reserved names). #1944
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, see the full list of issues closed within the current generation (which is many releases).