Calamares 3.2.44 (and .1) released
Sep 24, 2021
After just a week, a short-cycle release with some fixes that are important for certain distributions, and have no effect on others. And then, after a few hours, a hot-fix release for a typo introduced as “internal code fix”. So enjoy Calamares 220.127.116.11. We’ll be looking into integrating better tools to avoid typo’s in Python modules in upcoming releases.
This release contains contributions from (alphabetically by first name):
- Anke Boersma
- Shrinivas Vishnu Kumbhar (new contributor, welcome!)
- whorfin (new contributor, welcome!)
- “Log spam” has been reduced a little in the partitioning module.
- initcpiocfg has had a number of internal code-fixes, and now adds
consolefonthook by default as well. (Thanks Shrinivas)
- Both locale and keyboard have received some tweaks for configurations in India; unless the user selects otherwise, English is preferred.
- The luksbootkeyfile module was reported to be too quick to declare a timeout when applying the keyfile. The timeout has been increased to one minute. (Thanks whorfin)
- networkcfg tries harder to find the live-user login for re-working networking settings. This fixes a regression on FerenOS, where the installer was crashing because it could not find the live-user login.
Note that we are still using the milestone called v3.2.41, even though that release happened some time ago. The way we use milestones is currently not all-that-useful.
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, or the full list of issues closed with this release, please see the Calamares code repository.