Calamares 1.1.1 is out
Jul 3, 2015
Hot on the heels of Calamares 1.1, the Calamares team is happy to announce the immediate availability of Calamares 1.1.1, a maintenance release that fixes several issues that were discovered since the last major release.
Calamares is a distribution-independent system installer, with an advanced partitioning feature for both manual and automated partitioning operations. It is the first installer with an automated “Replace Partition” option, which makes it easy to reuse a partition over and over for distribution testing. Calamares is designed to be customizable by distribution maintainers without need for cumbersome patching, thanks to third party branding and external modules support.
The change log for this release includes:
- Adjusted the Install page so that the QML slideshow is loaded and started exactly when the install operation starts.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the exit confirmation dialog to pop up in some rare cases.
- Fixed an issue with the next button being disabled if the root password field is also disabled in the Users page (CAL-248).
- Fixed an issue which could result in the wrong mount point being set for a swap partition (CAL-249).
- Improved defaults and documentation in settings.conf.
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker.