Calamares 3.2.28 released
After a bit of a hiccup in shoprt-cycle-land, the Calamares team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Calamares 3.2.28, a small features release.
Calamares is a distribution-independent system installer, with an advanced partitioning feature for both manual and automated partitioning operations. Calamares is designed to be customizable by distribution maintainers without need for cumbersome patching, thanks to third party branding and external modules support.
This release contains contributions from (alphabetically by first name):
- Anke Boersma
- Victor Ibragimov
- A new object Network is available to QML modules in
io.calamares.core. It exposes network status through the hasInternet property.
- Welcome to Tajik translations. The Tajik language has quickly reached 100% completion. Thanks Victor!
- Welcome to Interlingue. The translation is at an early stage. Qt does not support language code ie though, so it may take some time to be integrated (much like Esperanto wasn’t supported until Qt 5.12).
- The locale module has been completely redone on the inside. Users should see no changes. #1391
- The localeq module uses the redone internals of the locale module. It can now be used to set timezone, language and locale information and is a suitable alternative module. Thanks to Anke Boersma who did the work of figuring out maps. Note that the map uses several GeoIP and GeoData providers and you may need to configure the URLs with suitable usernames for those services. #1426
- Both locale and localeq can now be configured to use the system’s timezone setting – this can be useful to avoid both hard-coding an initial zone and doing extra GeoIP lookups, in the case where the live system already does so. #1391
- The locale and localeq modules have additional machinery for timezone lookups; please report cases where clicking on the map returns an obviously bogus timezone (up until this release, for instance, Cape Town).
- The users module no longer accepts
rootas a username. #1462
- The keyboardq module is now more inline with the look of the rest of the Calamares modules, use of a background image is removed.
- The grubcfg module now understands
This release has one GPG signatures attached on the GitHub releases page. This uses the new signing key, valid until 2022 and introduced for Calamares 3.2.27.
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, or the full list of issues closed with this release, please see the Calamares code repository.