Calamares 3.2.14 released
The Calamares team is happy to announce the availability of Calamares 3.2.14, a small features-and-bugfix release in the Calamares 3.2.x series. There are improvements in the packagechooser, displaymanager and unpackfs modules. This is a short-cycle release (even though it took a month).
Calamares is a distribution-independent system installer, with an advanced partitioning feature for both manual and automated partitioning operations. Calamares is designed to be customizable by distribution maintainers without need for cumbersome patching, thanks to third party branding and external modules support.
This release contains contributions from (alphabetically by first name):
- Andrius Štikonas
- Harald Sitter
- No changes to core functionality
- locale module no longer recognizes the legacy GeoIP configuration. This has been deprecated since Calamares 3.2.8 and is now removed.
- packagechooser module can now be custom-labeled in the overall progress (left-hand column). #1228
- displaymanager module now recognizes KDE Plasma 5.17.
- displaymanager module now can handle Wayland sessions and can detect sessions from their .desktop files. #1247 #1248
- unpackfs now has special handling for sourcefs setting “file” (so you can copy single files or directories that are on the source system, directly to the target). #1188 #1181
If you experience an issue with Calamares, please tell us all about it on the Calamares issue tracker. For a full change list, or the full list of issues closed with this release, please see the Calamares code repository.